A land locked country, one third of Malawi is a large lake, it sits in the East African Rift valley.
Getting to know Luwatala:
- About 5km from the main tarmac road south of Zomba
- Luwatala has 4 zones or village areas with a chief in authority over each
- Clusters of mud-brick houses: all through the valley and into the hills
- No cars owned in the valley
- No electricity or plumbing
- Climate is near equatorial and warm: rainy season November – March followed by dry heat for the rest of the year.